Friday, December 2, 2011

What size baseball glove should I buy for my son who is about to turn 3?

My son will turn 3 at the end of May. I'd like to buy him his first leather baseball glove but am not sure what size I should buy. Any advice?|||Just look in the teeball section and see which one fits him the best.|||For a kid that young, I'd just get one of the generic gloves (usually sold with a cheesy bat and ball) for young kids. It's probably going to be vinyl and may not work well, but then again for a kid that small, it really won't make that much difference.





I honestly love baseball, and have played for a very long time, but didn't get my first real glove until I was seven. At your son's age it'd be better to play gentle catch with him using bare hands and a tennis ball or something similar. The skills learned that way will make a world of difference when he's old enough to actually use a glove.





When I used to coach little league, I used to make the kids warm up without gloves; you just can't beat the eye-hand coordination that teaches.|||I would buy him the smallest USED glove you can find. since most 3-yeard olds hands do not have the hand strength to 'break-in' a new glove, a used gloved would enable the future star to get the feeling of opening and closing the glove.|||something he can grow in to|||dude your suns 3 you will have to stand 3 inches to catch the ball wait until hes five besides thowing over hand isnt a natual motion so it could end up recking his arm|||start him witlh wifel ball set of bat ,ball and glove,from toysr us or k bees,once he hits that plastic ball a mile he will never want to wear his glove,just watch out when pitching

No comments:

Post a Comment