Friday, December 2, 2011

How much should I expect to spend at my first baseball game?

Yeah yeah I know. My parents hate baseball, but my girlfriend and I are about to go to my first baseball game. I bought the tickets, but how much should I expend to drop on this memorable occasion? It's a Giants game here in the bay.|||If your girlfriend is actually into watching the game, you might not have any reason to spend money... but with women that is probably rare... if you have a women who really enjoys watching an entire baseball game, then you're a lucky guy.





Otherwise, the typical things you might end up spending money on are overpriced food, beer, and souvenirs. Most major league ballparks will have hotdog vendors and snack food vendors who are along the streets outside of the ballpark. San Fransisco is no different. Those vendors sell for about half the price of what it will cost you inside the ballpark. So if you want to save money, buy a couple hotdogs before you get into the ballpark and get your sunflower seeds, peanuts, licorice, or what have you before you get inside the ballpark.





Hotdogs are about $3-4 outside the ballpark. Peanuts and Sunflower seeds are a couple bucks and the same for licorice.





Inside the ballpark you'll be lucky to find a hotdog for $6. Beer can be anywhere from $5-8 inside the ballpark. Obviously you can't bring any liquids into the ballpark from outside.





As for souvenirs... you will find merchandise stores inside the stadium and around the outskirts. If you're buying authentic jerseys and such these things can be quite expensive with $50 being the minimum and upwards to $100 or more. There are plenty of other nic-nac things such as bobbleheads or whatever in those stores, too. Granted anything you buy, you could always find for less online...|||(I hate the giants...go to an A's game instead)





but the amount you spend at a baseball game can vary heavily...you may want to bring a lot since its your first and you may want to get souvenirs and what not. food at baseball games is very expensive|||Eat before you go to the game so you don't waste your money on expensive food. Souvenirs vary in price depending on what you want to get. When I go to a game I usually spend about fifty dollars because I drink a lot and eat a few hot dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment