Friday, December 2, 2011

What are good baseball drills to help me improve?

I am on a senior league baseball team. I am a centerfielder. I am great at catching flyballs. I am very fast and cunning so I don't need any baserunning drills. I am very inconsistent at batting and fielding ground balls. What are good drills or excersizes to help me improve?|||Well, this is a good drill for contact with the ball when batting. What you do is set up a couple of very thin items down through your street. If your street is small, try to look for a longer street. Next, you ask someone to drive you down your street at the maximum speed limit. You take your bat, reach outside of your fully open window in your regular batting stance and try to hit as many of the THIN items as you can.





This especially works with a more widely known street so it'll have a larger speed limit, in which you can have the person drive faster.





Make sure the item you choose is very thin, (since it resemnles the ball.) Also make sure that you use items that don't matter if they break. Lastly, make sure you DON'T hit any mailboxes, street poles, etc.





This routine helped me when I was training to become a great baseball superstar and now I am on one of my states' Minor League AAA teams.|||kidding? in my neighborhood you wouldn't make 1/2 a block without being arrested or shot at.

Report Abuse


|||I find long toss to be great. It strengthens the arm and prevents injury. Anything that builds stamina and conditioning that involves running and throwing. If you have a problem with ground ball nothing beats just the repetition of having ground balls hit to you. Baseball is funny when it comes to training in that all of the weights, conditioning and everything else is great but nothing improves your skills like practising the fundamentals. Make sure that you have someone that doesn't mind putting the time in with you.|||Go ask Tom Emanski and Fred McGriff. They have a couple of videos that should help and it was even used by the AAU's back to back to back chamions.

No comments:

Post a Comment